Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Simple Wonders Of A Well Stocked Pantry

I often forget exactly what we have in our pantry...but I know that our pantry is usually stocked well enough that if I just grab a protein from the store, that I should be able to create a meal around it. A well stocked pantry goes a long way. For example, tonight all I picked up from the store was 3 chicken sausages.



With a little searching through the fridge I was able to find some suitable roasting partners for my sausages. A head of fennel, a red onion, and an apple later...it was ready to go into the oven.



To accompany my roasted sausages I just cooked some canned white beans with basic flavorings (onion and garlic) and added some fresh spinach along with a little more flavor (salt, olive oil, some dried herbs)...and there you have it. Dinner. Thursday night. Done. Tasty too.


If you would ever like any additional information on a meal you see in this space, please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment! Thanks for checking out my new blog.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love the format, sort of spontaneous while still sounding well thought out.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete