Monday, May 18, 2009

oatmeal of the day - celery and red onion


What better way to start a new blog than with breakfast??

We make a lot of cooked grains for breakfast around here, especially in the cooler months. Grits, polenta, wheat bran, oatmeal...I'm probably forgetting others. It's rare that any one recipe is made twice, usually whatever is around that should be used, is used. Today it's celery and red onion. I think celery is a vegetable that can take over a dish with it's slightly bitter earthy flavor...sometimes that's something to avoid...and sometimes it's something to embrace! I really like celery...so today we're embracing it. Eat your celery kids.

I'll be back later with a few pictures from the Vintner Select 20th Anniversary Trade Show. Events like this are one of the best parts of my job.


1 comment:

  1. mmm looks like i'll be eating this for the rest of the week! thank hB :)

    ReplyDelete