Monday, May 25, 2009

Drink O' The Week

Vodka Rosemary Lemonade Fizz

Found this in a recent Gourmet Magazine and made it for the first time this weekend. By all accounts it was a success, and I genuinely think I'll make it again. A great drink for a warm, late spring day.

Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1 8 in. piece fresh rosemary & enough 4 in. pieces to garnish
vodka
soda water
ice
lemon slices



At least one day ahead...
Make Lemon Rosemary Syrup
In a medium sauce pan combine lemon juice, sugar, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and simmer for 2 minutes. Strain out rosemary and chill.

To make the drinks...
Fill rocks or highball glasses halfway with ice.
Add approx 2 tbls Lemon Rosemary Syrup.
Add vodka - at least equal portion to Syrup, you may want to add more
Top off with soda water.
Stir.
Garnish with rosemary sprig and a slice of lemon.


I'm sure we could come up with any number of variations of this drink by using the Lemon Rosemary Syrup and changing up the rest of the ingredients. I think this would certainly be worth trying with Gin, I would consider myself more of a Gin guy than a Vodka guy any how. Maybe I'll let you know how that one turns out later this summer in a Drink O' The Week Remix!

No comments:

Post a Comment